Together the Gibraltar Government & the Cross-Frontier Group have agreed on a common aim of facilitating and promoting growth in the economies of Gibraltar and the Campo de Gibraltar.
The aim being to establish a commitment to cooperate & collaborate to ensure that there is a fluid border, to develop economic potential & to improve employment opportunities on both sides of the border.
Both signatories have undertaken to work together and to share resources for as long as these are of benefit to the respective organisations & to the general public on both sides of the border & provided that there is no conflict of interest.
These are the aims of the two parties:
- Information exchange
- Development of joint projects and activities in support thereof.
- Exchange of experts, human resources and materials
- Organization of workshops, conferences and seminars covering the areas of cooperation
- Use of facilities and educational resources for training
- Work towards maintaining and improving the movement of people across the border.
- Work towards maintaining and improving the movement of vehicles and goods across the border and creating a legal framework to achieve this.
- Maintaining and creating new employment
- Stimulating demand for goods and services in the various business sectors.
- Offering facilities, information and assistance to local businesses in Gibraltar and the Campo the Gibraltar that wish to establish themselves on either side of the border.
- Research other areas of business development and cooperation on both sides of the border.
The agreement was signed today at No 6 Convent Place.