The annual Calentita Night will be held on Friday 15th June 2012 at Grand Casemates Square as from 8pm.
The Ministry of Culture has been working closely with Word of Mouth in order to provide a very entertaining programme for this year’s gastronomy festival ‘Calentita’. The proposals presented by Word of Mouth definitely point to the public being able to enjoy a varied number of activities that include music, dance and the traditional fireworks display.
The organisers guarantee a bigger and better event this year by listening to people’s comments and cutting down on the fireworks display. With this saving, innovations to the event are ensured, to coincide with the Government’s manifesto commitments. These include:
- 1) Extending the event to Market Place with a full programme of entertainment
- 2) Carnival performance by a Brazilian Batucada Band in conjunction with Art in Movement
- 3) Arts and Crafts stalls
- 4) Live drawing by the Fine Arts Association
- 5) Extra tables, benches and chairs at Market Place for the elderly andpublic use
- 6) New stalls with a British Jubilee Theme including Best of British,British Desserts and Tea in the Park
- 7) Live TVS how by GBC on a big screen at WatergateHouse
Football fanatics will also be able to watch the England v Sweden match on a mobile screen that will be placed in square.
Programme of events for the evening is as follows: Casemates Square Stage
20.30 hrs – Dance Performance Urban Dance 21.00 hrs – Rock Fusion – Belly Dancers 21.30 hrs – Dance Performance Urban Dance 22.30 hrs – Fireworks Display
22:45 hrs – Brazilian Batucada Carnival Band – Art In Movement
Telephone: (350) 20047592 (centrex 2624); Fax: (350) 20047579 (centrex 1989); E-mail: email@example.com
Market Place Stage
20.00 hrs – Jazz Band
21.00 hrs – Poetry Recital – Gabriel Moreno
21.30 hrs – Poetry Recital – Jonathan Teuma
22.00 hrs – Poetry Recital – Jessica Baldachino
23.00 hrs – Acoustic Samba Band
Trackback from your site.